The Adventure Path is waiting for you at PGE ARENA
Take the field!
Children do not often play outdoors these days and they associate a game with virtual emotions rather than with outdoor activities. This can change during the Children’s Day family picnic next to PGE ARENA. To get through the Path of Adventure, score points and win prizes.
Kick the pole, a bull rodeo, a good shot, a kids’ basket and a game of floorball – these are only some of the attractions to be found on the Path of Adventure next to PGE ARENA. The path consists of 19 tasks in total, each of them to be scored and the score documented by stamps. Furthermore, educational activities promoting the nautical knowledge and healthy eating will be provided. The participants will meet the Vikings and the Lechia Gdańsk lion. They will also have an opportunity to prove themselves in artistic tasks. All this will take place during the “Gdańsk for Children” event – a great family picnic to be held on the last Sunday of May next to PGE ARENA.
- “We are preparing almost 100 attractions for the picnic participants, those younger and those older as well. We did our best to make the experience most exciting. Kids love winning scores or stickers, just as they adore prizes. The Path of Adventure should be truly a great experience for them,” says Wojciech Dąbrowski from Arena Gdańsk Operator. “We prepared the course together with a number of partners. Gdańsk companies and institutions were happy to join the work on the event, which has become the Tri-City’s greatest family picnic and the main venue of the Children’s Day celebration.
Those who manage to pass 8 tasks of the Path of Adventure at least, will win a mini-prize. The most determined players who manage to get most stamps and phrase a motto encouraging children to practice sports, will have a chance to win an attractive prize. The pool of prizes sponsored by the partners of the event includes:
• a bicycle from GPEC Group;
• four city camp vouchers from Kindergarten Gedania 1922, for children aged from 5 to 12, two for boys and two for girls, the dates to be chosen by the parents, since the city camp activities continue all summer holiday long;
• a PLN 500 voucher for any summer camp for children aged 5-20 chosen from the offer of sports, dancing, adventure, artistic, sailing, survival and family camps organized by Kompas – the active tourism agency;
• FUN ARENA vouchers: four ESCAPEROOMS.pl vouchers for groups of four persons, two 50 PLN vouchers to T29 sports pub and to RacingCafe, six 30-minute tickets to the NoGravity trampoline park, four 30-minute tickets for the Zoltar electronic paintball sessions, four tickets for the 8-minute PitStop go-kart riding sessions;
• Adventure Birthday at Loopy’s World for a group of 10 children.
The Path of Adventure will start at 10:00 a.m. sharp, i.e. at the moment when the picnic begins. Volunteers will be distributing leaflets with the game cards at the entrance to the event area. The deadline for submitting the cards with the scoring stamps to special ZTM buses at the P5 car parking will be 2:45 p.m. The main prizes will be handed out on the stage. This nice ceremony is scheduled for 3:30 p.m.
The easiest – and the cheapest way to get to the picnic will be by bus or tram. The partner of the event, Zakład Komunikacji Miejskiej Gdańsk (the Municipal Public Transport Enterprise in Gdańsk) will open special free lines on May 31st. A tram ride is an attraction in itself for those children who most often travel by car with their parents every day. The more so that historical vehicles will be used as well. Hence, the Children’s Day adventure may begin even on the way to PGE ARENA!